Newcastle Sunday 22nd September 9am - 1.30pm
£110.00 + VAT
To access the course please follow the link below.
Be sure to put MLC2019 in the coupon field upon check out with the product.
This open course covers all practical skills required to vaccinate adults, children and infants. You will also cover adverse reactions including anaphylaxis and basic life support for all ages.
The National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training and the associated Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training set out the knowledge and skills that healthcare professionals undertaking vaccination services need to have. Pharmacists who will provide the Flu Vaccination Service must have completed practical training in vaccination that meets these requirements.
NHS England has determined that pharmacists providing the Flu Vaccination Service need to attend face-to-face training for both injection technique and basic life support training every two years.
It is recommended that if you are new to vaccination, you should complete both the Vaccination (practical skills for all vaccines) and Vaccination refresher (online) courses.
Duration: 4½ hours
- Pharmacists new to vaccines
- Pharmacists wishing to upskill from just flu
- Pharmacists who have had full training but not regularly delivering vaccines
At the end of the course delegates will be able to demonstrate:
- How to set up for a vaccination clinic
- Safe intramuscular and subcutaneous injection techniques
- Intranasal administration of vaccines
- Child positioning for vaccination
- Reconstitution of vaccines
- Adult and Paediatric basic life support
- Recognition of anaphylaxis and other adverse reactions
- Administration of adrenaline via an ampoule or any auto-injector
- Practice under supervision
- Demonstration of safe vaccination techniques
- Demonstration of basic life support skills for adults and children
- Successful completion of a theory quiz.