Be sure to put My Locum Choice in the order notes section when you check out with the product on the ECG training site
To access the course please follow the link below.
This online course has been designed to complement our practical skills courses and can be used as a refresher only between face to face courses. It is aimed at providing pharmacists with sufficient knowledge and skills to vaccinate adults and children (2+), as well as the ability to recognise and manage adverse reactions.
By the end of the course delegates will update on:
- The aims of immunisation
- The immune system and how vaccines work
- The different types of vaccines used and their composition
- Vaccine preventable diseases – influenza
- Current issues and controversies regarding immunisation
- Communicating with patients and parents/guardians
- Legal aspects of vaccines
- Storage and handling of vaccines
- Correct administration of vaccines
- Adverse events including faint, anaphylaxis and panic attacks
The National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training and the associated Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training set out the knowledge and skills that healthcare professionals undertaking vaccination services need to have. Pharmacists who will provide the Flu Vaccination Service must have completed practical training in vaccination that meets these requirements.
NHS England has determined that pharmacists providing the Flu Vaccination Service need to attend face-to-face training for both injection technique and basic life support training every two years.
It is recommended that if you are new to vaccination, you should complete both the Vaccination (practical skills for all vaccines) and Vaccination refresher (online) courses.
Please note: Your purchase entitles you to 3 attempts at the post course test and access to the course materials for one year from the date of purchase. Your certificate is created on successful completion of the test.